joi, 24 noiembrie 2011

a November story

It was a cold November day, so many years ago that it makes no difference if I count them. And I remember... and I wonder... and I smile... for a shared moment of music made me believe friendship could last even a day or two. Fate made those two people meet, and a few magic moments of old American music and movies made them feel so closely bound. A lapse of time and space has been filled up with music, memories of old actors and movies, and a great admiration for each other's cultural heritage. I still keep the piece of paper he used to write these words of a song he wanted me so much to learn. I couldn't understand why it was so important for him to teach me that tune. Looking back, now I understand  he wanted to give me something to remember. And he did it! From time to time, I find myself singing this song, coming so far from the past that no one around me even knows it. And I can't keep asking myself if that old gentleman is still there, across the big ocean, listening this tune, smiling at how hard he tried to make a young Romanian girl sing it.



"I want some red roses for a blue lady
Mister florist take my order please
We had a silly quarrel the other day
I hope these pretty flowers chase her blues away

I want some red roses for a blue lady
Send them to the sweetest gal in town
And if they do the trick, I'll hurry back to pick
Your best white orchid for her wedding gown"



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu